College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences

Frequently Asked Questions

The student's advisor for the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication is selected based on the following:

  1. Your classification (Sophomore, Junior or Senior)
  2. Your Area of Concentration (MMJR, MMPR, PBRL)
  3. The first letter of your last name



A current student can be admitted into the JOMC department with a minimum 2.5 GPA and completion of the Change of Major form, signed by your current department. All forms should be sent to

Yes. The Journalism and Mass Communication (JOMC) program has three areas of concentrations: Mass Media Production, Multimedia Journalism, and Public Relations. Following the curriculum guide based on concentration selection, ensures proper advisement.

New Students, if your major/concentration is incorrect or would like to change it, please send an email to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions using the email address before the semester begins. Current students must fill out the Change of Major form.

Please review first and began the application for readmission. Your APA request can be submitted to Dr. Robbie Morganfield between March 14, 2023 and May 13, 2023. You will receive and audit and a list of classes to take for the next semester(s).