Transfer Credit FAQs

Evaluation of Transcripts for Currently Enrolled Students

If you are a Current Student planning to complete coursework at another college or university, please be sure to meet with your advisor to get approval prior to enrolling in a course at another college or university. The Permission Form (click here to download) must be completed and submitted to the Office of Transfer Articulation prior to the start of classes.

Evaluation of Transcripts for New First-Time Freshmen

If you are a new First-Time Freshman and have completed coursework at another college or university, please submit an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Evaluation of Transcripts for New Transfer Students

If you are a new Transfer Student, please submit an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for each college or university that you have attended.

Evaluation of Transcripts for International Students

If you are an International Student and/or have attended school outside of the United States, you will have to have your international transcript evaluated by one of the Credential Evaluation Services listed below. Please know that there is a fee required for the course-by-course evaluation, which you will be required to pay to the service provider you select.

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)

International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 296-3359

Educational Perspectives

P.O. Box A3462
Chicago, IL 60690-3462
(312) 421-9353

International Education Research Foundation

P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Phone: 310-258-9451
FAX: 310-342-7086

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.

International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: 305-273-1616
Fax: 305-273-1338

World Education Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274
Phone: 212-966-6311
FAX: 212-739-6100

National Association of Credential Services (NACES)


Transfer Credit FAQ

Can I receive a credit evaluation prior to applying?

Due to the large volume of prospective students who apply each semester, we are unable to provide an official credit evaluation until a student has applied and been accepted.

Can you tell me if a specific course is transferable?

Individual courses are not reviewed until the student submits an application and is accepted to the university.

How many years of school will I have left to complete?

The answer to this question will vary depending upon what major you are accepted into and how many credits are transferable. Please contact your department to determine the remaining hours and degree requirements.

What is my classification?

Your classification is based on the number of semester hours completed.

Classification                                                  Semester Hours Completed

Freshman                                                         0-29

Sophomore                                                      30-59

Junior                                                              60-89

Senior                                                              90 or above

If I attended an institution that was on a quarter calendar will my credits transfer to North Carolina A&T?

Yes, the credits will be converted from quarter hours to semester hours. We do recommend that students taking quarter hour credits complete full sequences of courses prior to transferring to maximize their potential credits. We use a conversion of 1 quarter hour = .67 semester hour.

I currently attend an institution that awards 3 semester hours per class. I notice that North Carolina A&Toffers courses worth 4 semester hours each. How will this affect my transfer credits?

We award transfer credit based on the hours that are listed on your official transcript.

When will I register for classes and meet my academic advisor?

All transfer students must attend new student orientation to meet with their academic advisor and register for classes.