About Bluford Library

History

F.D. Bluford Library is named in honor of Dr. Ferdinand Douglass Bluford, third president of the university. The original building, completed in 1955, is now the Edward B. Fort Interdisciplinary Research Center. The current library, dedicated and named for Bluford, opened September 10, 1991.

Mission

Bluford Library supports and advances teaching, learning and research at N.C. A&T through user-focused services, technologies, and physical and virtual learning spaces. We ensure individuals have access to globally trusted information resources that equip them with the knowledge to provide solutions to society’s challenges.

Vision

Bluford Library will be recognized as an essential leader and partner in the university’s pursuit of transformative learning and teaching, interdisciplinary research, innovative solutions to global challenges and civic outreach. As the intellectual hub of the university, we will leverage emerging opportunities to provide access to technologies, research tools, resources and learning environments that enrich the scholarship and creative activity of students, faculty and staff.

Select Library Statistics

Annual statistics about library items.
Holdings  Number of Items
Books (volumes)  540,614
Databases 393
Electronic Books 811,892
Electronic Journals 108,572
Electronic Media 147,523
Journals/Serials 15,967

Data from 2020 ACRL Statistics Reporting

Strategic Plan

2018-2023 [PDF]

Service Quality Survey Results

2019 LibQUAL+Results [PDF]

Collaborations and Cooperative Agreements

The Library participates in resource-sharing programs that benefit the N.C. A&T academic community. Consortial memberships include: