Academic Forgiveness

Adult students who have previously attended another college or university may be forgiven for prior poor academic performance provided:

  • The student is 21 years of age or older
  • The academic record is older than three years
  • The student has not attended any other college or university during the last three years

If any or above applies, then a student may be admitted with no consideration or penalty as a result of their prior poor academic performance. All eligible courses will be evaluated and applied as transfer credit.

The following stipulations also apply:

  • The student must enroll as an undecided major for the first semester
  • The student will be limited to 12 semester hours their first semester
  • The student will receive academic advisement through the Center for Academic Excellence their first semester
  • The student may be required to complete an institutional placement test to determine course placement