Readmission of Former Students

We are thrilled to welcome you back to Aggie Land! Please follow the steps outlined below to aid in the readmission process.

 Applying for Readmission (Undergraduate Only)

  1. Complete and submit an Academic Plan of Action (APA) for your declared major during the last term of attendance by contacting your former Academic Department.
  2. Submit a Readmission Application and a $35 fee through during the open enrollment period. Please reference the current academic calendar, which is updated per termRegistrar Academic Calendar (
  1. Attach your complete Academic Plan of Action to your Readmission Application or send it to

Note: You will receive an email from the University if a Criminal Background Check is required.

Who Needs to Reapply

Readmission applies to students who have previously been admitted, registered, and attended a degree-seeking program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Students must apply for readmission if they skip a term or stop attending during a semester.

Readmission to the university is not guaranteed and is subject to prior academic history and campus safety requirements, as noted on the readmission application. If you are unable to enroll for the term for which you have been re-admitted, you must submit another Readmission Application and Academic Plan of Action for the intended term of readmission.

Application Fee Waiver

If you identify as one of the following you are eligible for a fee waiver:

Aggies at the Goal Line

To qualify for Aggies at the Goal Line, you must:

  • Have stopped out of school for at least three years
  • Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of stop out
  • Have earned 90 or more credits

For more information, please visit the  AGL Website or contact:

Mrs. Carliss Lee Jacobs, Director, Aggies at the Goal Line (AGL)
Phone: (336) 285-3808

Two-Year Forgiveness

Please review the Two-Year Forgiveness Policy for requirements.

Note: Please specify on Academic Plan of Action if you are seeking AGL or Two-Year Forgiveness.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Financial Aid Appeal Process

If you have lost your financial aid eligibility, you will be required to submit a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal.

Satisfactory Academic Progress For Federal Financial Aid (

Please Note: This is separate from the readmission process.

Housing and Residence Life

Unfortunately, if you are readmitted we are unable to accommodate your request to reside in university housing. However, we have intentionally developed a resource for our NC A&T students to both locate and secure off-campus housing accommodations using the following website:

Graduate Readmission

For information regarding graduate readmission, please click the following link:

Re-enrollment in the Graduate College (

Frequently Ask Questions

Can I change my major?

Students must be readmitted under the major in which they were last enrolled under. Once readmitted, students may submit a Change of Major Form to

What is my academic standing?

Please reference the Readmission of Former and Academically Suspended or Academically Dismissed Undergraduate Students Policy for further information.

For additional questions, please see contact information below:

Office of Registrar 

Dowdy Building
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
1601 East Market Street, Greensboro, NC 27411
P: 336-334-7595