Pharmacy FAQs

1. If I charge my prescriptions to my NCAT Student Account can my parents see them on my university bill?

The charge is itemized on your Student Account with a non-specific description, "Medical Services Charge", the amount charged and the date.  No specific description, such as medication name, is transferred. 

2. Who is eligible to use The SHC Pharmacy?

Any student at NCA&T State University is eligible to use the SHC pharmacy. Faculty and staff are also eligible.

3. Can I fill my prescription for my ADD/ADHD medication at the SHC Pharmacy?

The SHC Pharmacy does not stock any Schedule II controlled substances.  Many of these medications are schedule II.  Speak with us directly about your medication. 

4. Can I use my NCAT Student ID card to pick up my controlled substance prescription?

No, your NCAT Student ID card is not acceptable. You may use your Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, or state-issued ID card. Your ID card must be a current government-issued, photo ID card.

5. Do I have to pay for my medicines today?

Yes. Some form of payment is expected at the time of service. The cost of your medication may be applied to your Student Account if it is more than $5.00. We also accept cash, check, debit, Visa, AMEX, Master Card or Aggie One Cards.

6. Is there an extra charge if I bill my prescription to my Student Account at the University Cashier?


7. Do I have to be 18 years old to buy the morning-after-pill (Plan B)?

No. Anyone can buy the morning-after-pill.  Neither your age nor your gender matter.

8. What if you don't have the medication I need?

Present your prescription to us and we will order it for you from our wholesaler. The medication will usually be delivered the next business day and will normally be ready after 3:00 p.m.