Ending a Temporary Assignment

If a temporary assignment authorization period ends without extension, a temporary assignment is ended either voluntarily or involuntarily prior to the authorized effective date; or an SHRA temporary employee is hired into a permanent full-time position, you must submit a completed Temporary Employee Termination Record (T104) to the Division of Human Resources.

The University authorizes state temporary employment for a maximum of twelve consecutive months.  When a temporary employee has worked for the University (not only a specific department) for 12 consecutive months, the employee’s temporary appointment must end.  In this circumstance, a completed Temporary Employee Termination Record (T104) must also be submitted to Division of Human Resources.