Course Credit by Examination

Credit may be earned by examination for any undergraduate course for which a suitable examination has been adopted or prepared by the department granting the credit. The student receives the grade “CE” and regular credit for the number of hours involved. However, the credit hours are excluded in computing the student’s grade point average.

Credit may also be granted for the successful completion of standardized tests under the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) as approved for specific courses by University departments. There is no maximum amount of credit that a student may earn, but a student must complete a minimum of three semesters as a full-time student in residence at the University.

Fees for CLEP and other standardized examinations are determined externally, rather than by the University. These credits are treated as transfer credits. Questions about the program may be addressed to the Director of Transfer Articulation or the Director of Counseling Services.