Student Forms

Grade Appeal

A student may appeal the final grade earned in a course. Initially, the student should attempt to resolve the matter informally through the instructor of the course, the department chair and/or dean of the academic unit in which the grade was assigned.

If the matter is not resolved through this level of interaction, then the student should consult the individual school/college on its written grade appeal policy. A student wishing to pursue a written appeal of a grade must demonstrate a legitimate basis for the appeal. Grade appeals are final at the level of the school/college.


COE Grade Appeals Application