The Graduate College
News & Announcements
- Chancellor's Speaker Series featuring Entrepreneur and TV personality Daymond John
- Commencement information
- Graduation information: Please check the Graduation Page for information on applying for graduation and preparing for the commencement ceremony.
- The Outstanding Thesis & Dissertation Awards nomination period is currently underway. Nominations from departments to their College Deans are due Monday, February 20, 2017. The College Deans’ nominations are due to The Graduate College on Friday, March 3, 2017. Please see the award announcement for complete details and deadlines.
- Two of our first PhDs in Rehabilitation Counseling and Rehabilitation Counselor Education have accepted faculty positions in Counseling at other universities. Dr. Sabrina Harris is at Coppin State University since May 2016 while Dr. Tiffany Wilson has accepted a position at Middle Tennessee State University starting fall 2017. They are both Dr. Robin Liles' students. Congratulations Drs. Harris and Wilson!
- N.C. A&T Ranked #2 in nation for Social Mobility
Our Fall 2016 Three Minute Thesis Competition was a great success! Please see our 3MT site for videos and details about our winners!
- Christa Watson Wright, PhD in Energy and Environmental Systems, completed a post doc at Harvard and will start as Assistant Professor at Georgia State University in the Division of Environmental Health in the School of Public Health. Congratulations Dr. Watson Wright!
- Learn more about managing your finances for graduate school at GradSense.
School of Education among Best Values in the State
The National Council on Teacher Quality ranked the College of Education at North Carolina A&T State University No. 4 in North Carolina as a “Best Value”. The national, non-partisan research and policy organization on education also ranked N.C. A&T No. 5 for the graduate program in secondary education.
- A&T is top ranked public HBCU in the nation with nationally ranked programs
- Public HBCU #1
- Industrial and Systems Engineering #69
- Social Work (joint with UNCG) #104
- Mechanical Engineering #128
- Online Graduate Information Technology #16
- Online Graduate Education programs #125
- Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs for Veterans #16
- Online Graduate Education Programs for Veterans #112
- A&T celebrates 125 years of excellence, innovation and pride
- A&T is Money magazine's Top 10 Best College in NC
- A&T Graduates' ROI is Among North Carolina's Highest
- N.C. A&T Receives Carnegie’s Community Engagement Classification
- NCA&T ranked #1 in the nation among public historically black colleges and universities
N.C. A&T does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As North Carolina prepares for the start of another hurricane season, emergency management officials are taking steps to use unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), or drones, to help them respond to and recover from disasters.
Ali will spend the 2017-18 academic years pursing her master of science in applied meteorology at the University of Reading in Reading, Berkshire in the United Kingdom.
Retail clothing entrepreneur and TV personality Daymond John of ABC’s wildly popular “Shark Tank” series will kick off The Harold L. Martin Sr. Chancellor’s Speaker Series at N.C. A&T State University with a talk at 6 p.m., Thursday, April 27, in Harrison Auditorium.