Terms of Agreement
The University Event Center Policies and Procedures are as follows:
Note: Please review and click accept button to continue submitting your online space request.
- The University Event Center Reservation Request form must be completed and submitted to the University Event Center TEN (10) WORKING DAYS prior to any event in order to ensure timely processing, confirmation of availability, and any costs associated with the production of the event.
- All events taking place outdoors, held in venues holding 500 people or more, and/or requiring ticket sales are considered MAJOR EVENTS. These events often time require extensive logistical needs, including but not limited to staging and sound/light equipment, campus security, furniture displacement, musical performance/theatrical productions, etc.
- All persons/organizations planning major events must complete and submit the University Event Center Reservation Request form NO less than THIRTY (30) DAYS prior to the proposed event date. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! All major events soliciting payment for admission and/or offering FREE admission require ticketed admission and must be coordinated through the University Ticket Office via the University Event Center.
- Compliance with all University building policies and procedures is required at all times for all events. Inappropriate conduct or any misuse of a facility may result in the suspension and/or termination of the right to request or reserve space.
- Cancellation/Change of any event must be received by the University Event Center through written completion of the University Event Center Event Cancellation/Change form no later than SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS prior to the event. Failure to properly cancel a reservation will result in the forfeiture of the reservation deposit, suspension and/or termination of the right to request or reserve space, and/or full charge of all preparation costs for such event.
- Publicity concerning on-campus events/activities should not begin before the organization or the requester has received written confirmation of the reservation from the University Event Center. THE REQUEST FORM IS NOT A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REQUEST. Any written/online materials to be used for the marketing of on-campus events must first receive stamped approval from the Office of Student Activities. Failure to procure such approval may result in the cancellation of the event and may result in the suspension and/or termination of the right to request or reserve space.
- The University Event Center may, at any time, reassign or cancel a reservation/confirmation if, due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances, the space reserved must be used for other purposes in the best interest of the institution or such reservation is deemed outside of the overall University mission and goal.
- The University Events Center reserves the right to assign University Police coverage to any event deemed as a safety risk. The sponsoring organization will be responsible for paying all costs associated with the event. Please note that all events requesting door sales require University Police coverage. Please contact the University Police Department at (336) 334-7128 for security related price estimates.
- All Staff-Affiliated and Community events are subject to payment at the time of booking. Staff-Affiliated includes all personal events hosted by current University Employees (this does not include students participating in on-campus internships or work-study programs). Discounts vary based on space, and in some cases may not apply. Community includes all students, alumni, and off-campus organizations/customers. Full payment is required at time of booking for all Staff-Affiliated and Community space requests totaling $250.00 and under. All space requests exceeding this amount require a deposit of $250.00, with the remaining balance due two weeks prior to the event.
- Open flames are not permitted inside campus facilities. All outdoor activities utilizing open flames, particularly “Cook Outs”, require a University issued Burn Permit. Burn Permits may be obtained from the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, after the event has been confirmed by the University Events Center. All safety requirements as issued by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety must be enforced at all times. The University Event Center, University Police Administration, and the Office of Environmental Health and Safety reserve the right to reassign or cancel confirmed reservations if, due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances, the event poses a safety risk.
- Rental Equipment (tables, chairs, tents, etc.) ordered and secured by the sponsoring organization is the sole responsibility of the organization. Organization representatives must be present to set-up and breakdown resources and must secure equipment pick-up within 12 hours of event conclusion, unless otherwise directed by the University Event Center. The University Event Center is not responsible for rental equipment.