Campus Community Awards
Unsung Hero Award
This award is given to one of each of the following: an individual, a group of individuals or an organization, as well as a member of the faculty, staff or administration; who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to assist another. Those chosen are special people who do EXTRA special things for their fellowman, the community (campus or otherwise), those in need, and those unable to do for themselves. These special people do their good works without receiving pay or expecting praise and or recognition. The criterion for this award is as follows:
· Has exhibited understanding that their success feeds into the success of others
· Sets an example of servant or authentic leadership, commitment and a strong work ethic
· Strives to make NC A&T a better place
· Has given themselves in an effort to improve campus life on a regular basis
· Is committed to our community, our students’ welfare and NC A&T’s future
W.E.B. Du Bois Award
In honor of our most prominent and recognizable founder, W.E.B. Du Bois, we present this award in the spirit in which the National Association of the Advancement of Colored People was conceived. We acknowledge a recipient that has overcome considerable hardships and unsavory circumstances. Faced with aggravated adversities, this recipient has prevailed to become a successful student here at North Carolina A&T State University. This student is a vibrant example of what the human spirit is capable of enduring.
· Must submit two student references: phone number, name, classification, major, email
· Must be a full-time student that meets the university's satisfactory academic standing
· One non-student / non-parent letter reference. (Phone number, profession, email)
Mary White Ovington Award
We present this award to an employee, faculty or staff, here at North Carolina A&T State University that consistently exhibits a willingness to exceed the duties of their title. This recipient's approach and intense efforts have positively impacted students they advise and/or instruct. Much like the founder in which this award honors, this recipient is self- motivated and task driven with excellent communication skills.
· Must submit a student letter reference
· Must submit two character references
William English Walling Award
This award recognizes former Aggies exhibit a devotion to their Alma Mater, and have dedicated their time and effort to the progress of the African American community. The William English Walling award highlights individuals that make service to others their chief priority.
· Must be a graduate of NC A&T State University
· Must not have an active presence on campus (i.e. volunteering, mentoring, est.)
· Must be active in the African American community