Health Insurance Requirement
Academic Year 2013 – 2014
NCAT students in degree programs who are taking 6 or more on-campus credit hours and all international students must provide proof of health insurance coverage to avoid having a health insurance premium charged to their student account.
Students who do not provide verifiable health insurance information before the waiver deadline will be enrolled automatically in a campus-endorsed student health insurance plan and billed for the semester. NCAT campus-endorsed student health insurance plan is part of a UNC System plan, negotiated each year through the insurance agent for the state of North Carolina.
Waiver deadline is January 30, 2014 to avoid paying the insurance premium for the Spring Semester.
Do you meet the requirements to enroll in the mandatory UNC System health plan?
- enrolled in a degree-seeking program, AND
- enrollment in a minimum of 6 on-campus credit hours, AND
- eligible to pay the campus student health fee
If you answered yes,
Do you have other health insurance coverage?
- If yes, Take action now to waive the mandatory plan coverage.
- If no, Take action now to enroll in the mandatory plan coverage.
Cost is $1,376 per year or $688 per semester.