Cost & Coverage
Effective August 1, 2016 - July 31, 2017
Fall Semester (August 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016)
Spring Semester (January 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017)
The plan will cost $2,222 per year. The policy is effective August 1, 2016 and terminates on July 31, 2017. Students that have their own credible coverage on their own or their family's plan will simply provide proof of coverage by going through a secure on-line system and provide current valid health insurance policy number and information. The insurance premium charge will appear on your bill along with tuition and fees, $1,111 per semester. Summer coverage is included in the Spring term. Listed below are the highlights of the university’s endorsed plan, managed by BCBSNC.
- 100% coverage for services associated with sickness or injury at Student Health Services (no deductible and no co-pay)
- Prescriptions covered 100% up to $100,000.00 at Student Health Services Pharmacy with a $15 co pay
- Prescriptions filled at outside pharmacies covered up to $100,000.00 with $30 generic co-pays, $60 formulary brand name co pay and $120 non-formulary and specialty drug brands co pay.
- Immunizations/injections covered up to $500.00 per plan year (SHS only)
- Vision Care Plan - 1 vision exam + glasses or contacts will reimburse up to $200
- $500.00 annual deductible for services outside of Student Health Services
- 80% of PPO allowance for allowable services within the Preferred Provider Network
- Massage Therapy and Acupuncture - will pay up to $500 (SHS)
- 70% of R&C coverage for allowable services out of Network