When a prescription is written by a doctor outside of the Student Health Center (SHC), the University Student Health Insurance requires documentation from the visit. The Quality Control Nurse will ensure that the documentation was received and forward it to the Insurance Company.
All students must visit the SHC and start the process for retrieving those records by speaking with our Quality Assurance Nurse. The Nurse will retrieve and document your information and complete the process for your prescription. Please allow appropriate time for prescriptions that may require ordering from the Pharmacy.
OTC (Over-The Counter)
The OTC Pharmacy stocks items that can be purchased off the shelf without a prescription and provides cashier services for SHC.
What is the purpose of the OTC Pharmacy?
To provide a broad selection of over-the-counter (OTC) products that is effective, safe, and reasonably priced.
- To educate our clients to make well-informed self-management choices that will improve their health and well-being; and
- To counsel and give assistance with product selection upon request
- To provide convenient cashiering services for SHC
Make your request for Pseudoephedrine decongestant products at the Pharmacy RX Drop-Off window.
The federal Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act and the NC Methamphetamine Lab Prevention Act requires:
- storage behind-the-counter in the pharmacy
- limits on quantities
- photo identification
- purchaser must be 18 years of age or older
Larger quantities of a pseudoephedrine product may be provided if a prescription is written by a medical provider.