Civic and Service Education (C.A.S.E.)
What is Service-Learning?
Service-learning is a participatory approach to learning which supports academic studies and helps develop the skills, citizenship and values of students. Its primary goal is to encourage understanding and evaluate the intricacies of our diverse and interconnected world by becoming contributing members of a local and global community.
How can I receive service-learning hours?
- Participation in structured service-learning activities in courses you are currently enrolled
- Participation in C.A.S.E. Community Partners programs and events
Click here for a list of approved Community Partners.
- Participation in C.A.S.E. sponsored activities or events
Students who enroll at the North Carolina A&T State University for the first time must register with the C.A.S.E. Program to receive service-learning credit for graduation. Please register by following the instructions below:
- Go to www.orgsync.com
- Click on SIGN UP
- Choose your community (North Carolina A&T State University)
- Create account and click CREATE.
- Complete Profile. This must be completed to move forward.
- Click on JOIN AN ORGANIZATION at the top of page.
- Click on ORGANIZATIONS. Search for "service" in the search box and join Civic and Service Education (2015, 2016, 2017, etc.).
(NOTE: Students entering after 2012 are not required to have C.A.S.E. hours for graduation.)
Enter the password service (the password is case sensitive) and click submit. Return to HOME and you will find your new organization under My Orgs.
- Click My Orgs then C.A.S.E. - (20xx). Then go to FORMS and complete the Student Application Form and submit.
Once you have registered, you can obtain a list of all approved partnerships under the C.A.S.E. organization by clicking on FILES and then SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES.
You will also submit your service hours here by clicking on MORE and then INVOLVEMENT. Please make sure you enter all required information in the form and upload a PDF of your verification of completion, and click ADD.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at (336) 334-7792 or visit us in Murphy Hall, Suite 104, from 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday-Friday.