Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students seeks to promote ethical conduct and responsible student behavior by educating the student on expected standards of behavior. This office further assists the student to consider in advance the consequences of behavioral infractions and to accept responsibility for one’s own actions. Student training is offered to the Student Government Association, the Student Judiciary Council, and to other student groups as requested. Training modules include conflict management and resolution, leadership development, governance and student conduct regulations. Through these concerted efforts, the goal is for students to become campus stewards and global citizens.
The Dean of Students assists the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs in the overall administration of the Student Affairs Division, which includes student services, student life, and student development for undergraduate and graduate students. This office strives to promote campus safety and harmony by maintaining an environment consistent with the educational purposes and operations of North Carolina A&T University.
- To promote campus safety and harmony by bringing student behavior into compliance with the community standard.
- To educate the student on expected standards of behavior and assist the students to consider in advance the consequences of behavioral infractions.
- To assist the student in maturely accepting accountability for his/her behavior.
- To determine with the student the reasons (s) for the misconduct, and make any needed referrals.
- To assist the student in making responsible choices that enables him/her to assume acceptable roles in society.
- To provide training on student conduct regulations and conflict management and resolution to students in order to promote ethical conduct and responsible student behavior.
- To provide leadership training for student groups, upon request .
- To provide and promote programs that prepares students to become campus stewards and global citizens.