The purpose of Counseling Services is to assist students in accomplishing their personal, academic, and career goals through counseling, testing and enrichment programs. To accomplish its mission, Counseling Services has a well developed set of goals that are consistent with the mission of the university and the goals of the Division of Student Affairs.
- Provide high quality individual and group counseling services to students who may be experiencing psychological, academic, career or behavioral difficulties
- Provide programming focusing upon the developmental needs of students and maximize their potential to benefit from the academic environment
- Provide testing and evaluative assessment services to help foster student self understanding and decision making
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff including in-service training programs, workshops and other continuing education activities
- Provide consultative services to North Carolina A&T State University to make the environment as beneficial as possible for the intellectual, emotional and physical development of students
- Conduct research, planning and training programs that will be responsive to internal as well as external needs