OCS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Students currently enrolled in a degree granting program and graduates of the university may register with the Office of Career Services OCS. There are two types of registration: limited and full registration access.
An individual with "limited registration access" can engage in the majority of the services provided by OCS except career opportunities (outlined in the full registration description). An individual with "full registration access" can participate in ALL activities including on-campus interviews, resume referrals, job postings (as long as the requirements outlined by the employer are met), and special programs.
Limited Access Registration
- Attend orientation either in the OCS (Murphy Hall, Suite 101, or online via webinar). To access the orientation schedule and RSVP, log in to. Aggielink>CAlender>Events>Orientation. Each session lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- Update or create a profile in AggieLink (profile includes the personal, academic, privacy consent and password sections. Opt into the text messaging alert system to receive IMPORTANT announcements from OCS).
- Career Assessment Starting August 2014, newly admitted freshmen or transfer students are required to take a career assessment via MyPlan. The code to take up to three assessments free of charge is listed on the main page of AggieLink in the "News Feed" section. Go to www.ncat.edu/careerservices > Students > AggieLink. Afterwards, go to MyPlan at www.ncat.myplan.com > Assessment > NewUser. Enter the code when prompted.
- Once all of the above steps are completed, you will receive a congratulatory email notification achknowledgeing that the steps for limited registration have been satisfied.
Full Access Registration
- Complete all of the steps for Limited Access Registration above.
- Complete InterviewStream, which is a web-based virtual mock interview practice tool. To access it go to https://ncat.interviewstream.com. First time users will need to enter their N.C. A&T email address and click forgot password to create their account.
- Develop a résumé and schedule an appointment to have it critiqued by an OCS staff person who will make any necessary corrections, approve and upload it to AggieLink. Please bring the résumé on a flash drive or save it to an email account for access during the appointment. Hard copies cannot be approved during the visit.
- Once all of the above steps are completed, OCS will send an email notification achknowledging that the steps for full registration have been satisfied.