OCS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Students currently enrolled in a degree granting program and graduates of the university may register with the Office of Career Services (OCS). There are two types of registration: (1) limited and (2) full registration access.
An individual with limited registration access can engage in the majority of the services provided by OCS, except career opportunities (outlined in the full registration description). An individual with full registration access can participate in ALL activities including on-campus interviews, resume referrals, job postings (as long as the requirements outlined by the employer are met) and special programs.
Limited Access Registration
- Attend orientation either in the OCS (Murphy Hall, Suite 101, or online via webinar). Sessions are held in the office on Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Each session lasts approximately 45 minutes. An RSVP is required. For more details on how to RSVP, visit the OCS website at www.ncat.edu/careerservices; click Students,’ then click ‘How to Register.’
- Update or create a profile in AggieLink (profile includes the personal, academic, privacy consent and password sections. Opt into the text messaging alert system to receive IMPORTANT announcements from OCS).
- When all of the above steps are completed, you will receive a congratulatory email notification of acceptance for registration with limited access.
Full Access Registration
- Complete all of the steps for Limited Access Registration above.
- Complete InterviewStream, which is a web-based virtual mock interview practice tool. It is located at www.ncat.interviewstream.com.
- Develop a résumé and schedule an appointment to have it critiqued by an OCS staff person who will make any necessary corrections, approve and upload it to AggieLink. Bring the résumé on a flash drive or save it to an email account for access during the appointment. Hard copies cannot be approved during the visit.
- Once all of the above steps are completed, you will receive a congratulatory email notification of acceptance for registration with full access.