How to Register
It is mandatory that a student/alumnus register with the Office in order to participate in on-campus interviews, resume referrals and certain designated special programs.
To register with the OCS, a student/alumnus must complete the following steps:
1. Attend an OCS Orientation Session in the Office (Murphy Hall, Suite 101). Orientation will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
What is orientation? Orientation is the first part of the registration process which enables students to learn about the Office, its resources and benefits; explore the website, discover career opportunities, create a profile in AggieLink, ask and receive answers to career related questions, and so much more.
2. Log-in to AggieLink.
- Enter your “ncat” email address as the username and “ocsaggies” as the password (for first time users only).
- Click the “Profile Tab” to change your password, update your personal and academic data.
- Read, agree to and electronically submit the OCS Policy Affirmation Statement (Consent Card) found under the Privacy section of the “Profile Tab”.
- While on your AggieLink homepage, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the InterviewStream link (on the right) to complete a short web-based mock interview (external or built-in web camera needed*).
3. Develop a resume. Save your resume to a jump drive or to your email account.
4. Schedule an appointment to have it critiqued by an OCS Counselor. During the appointment, the counselor will review your AggieLink data, InterviewStream mock interview and critique/approve your resume. When all of the above steps have been completed, you will be registered with the OCS. A “congratulatory email of acceptance” will be emailed to you from the OCS for your record.
*If your computer does not have a built-in or external web camera, you may utilize the one in the OCS (must present Aggie One card).