Finding and Applying for a Co-op Position
Registration with the Office of Career Services (OCS) is required. To register with OCS, you must attend an orientation session either in our office or online. Also, take advantage of the many services and resources provided in the OCS towards your professional development (i.e., resume development, workshops, and mock interviews).
Once registered with the Office of Career Services, several options are available to start the process of searching for a co-op.
- Search and sign up online for On-campus Interviews using AggieLink.
- Search and apply for positions listed in the online Summer Internship and Co-op Positions on-line. (updated monthly)
- Search and apply for positions listed in AggieLink by clicking on “Jobs and Internships”.
- Receive emails first from OCS of available positions in your area of discipline.
- Resume referrals to employers looking to fill a co-op position.
The Cooperative Education Program is designed to help students find the best opportunities. However, it is up to the student to ensure success by utilizing a variety of career resources offered through the Office of Career Services (i.e., preparing a resume, attending workshops, participating in mock interviews and researching job opportunities). There are no guarantees that students will secure a co-op assignment. Barriers to obtaining a co-op position include inflexibility regarding the geographic location in which students are willing to work, the term in which begin working and having a GPA that is lower than what employers typically desire.