Finding and Applying for a Co-op Position
Registration with the Office of Career Services (OCS) is required. To register with OCS, you must attend an orientation session either in our office or online. have a resume critique and approved by an OCS counselor, take a career assessment via MYPlan and complete InterviewStream (virtual mock interview).
Preparation is a key component in receiving a co-op assignment. Take advantage of the many services and resources OCS provides towards your professional development (i.e., resume development , various workshops, and mock interviews).
Once registered with the Office of Career Services, several options are available to start the process of searching for a co-op.
- Search and sign up online for On-campus Interviews using AggieLink.
- Search and apply for positions listed in the online Summer Internship and Co-op Positions on-line. (updated monthly)
- Search and apply for positions listed in AggieLink by clicking on “Jobs and Internships”.
- Receive emails first from OCS of available positions in your area of discipline.
- Resume referrals to employers looking to fill a co-op position.
The Cooperative Education Program is designed to help students find the best opportunities. However, it is up to the student to ensure success by utilizing a variety of career resources offered through the Office of Career Services (i.e., preparing a resume, attending workshops, participating in mock interviews and researching job opportunities). There are no guarantees that students will secure a co-op assignment. Barriers to obtaining a co-op position include inflexibility regarding the geographic location in which students are willing to work, the term in which begin working and having a GPA that is lower than what employers typically desire.