This is where learning happens.
Setting up a Program at A&T
One of the most important steps employers will take to ensure success of a co-op assignment/experience is to write an effective job description. Students seek challenging assignments, but may not yet know a great deal about their field. A clear job description is a strong marketing tool. When submitting your job description, please provide the following information:
- Brief description of your company, agency or organization
- Position descriptions of each opportunity
- Desired majors, interpersonal skills and technical skills
- Desired work dates
- Description of notable benefits such as housing stipends/allowances
After identifying available co-op positions, contact the Assistant Director for Experiential Learning, Pamela Basheer at email@example.com or 336-334-7755. Discussion will take place about the best way for your company/agency to reach potential co-op students. Several ways are listed below.
- Attend our career fairs.
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Post a position(s) on the OCS website
- Request resume referrals.
The career fair brings a lot of students to one place searching for opportunities with employers. Students can talk with employers informally and drop off a resume. Currently OCS has five (5) career fairs, including our major career fair in September. Contact information is listed below and everyone can be reached at 336-334-7755.
- Career Awareness Program and Fair, Carolyn Mark, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Care Fair, Cynthia Downing, email@example.com
- Graduate and Professional School Day, Zebedee Talley III, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education/Arts and Science Expo, Cynthia Downing, email@example.com
- Spring Career Fair, Zebedee Talley III, firstname.lastname@example.org
Oftentimes the best way to select the proper fit of students for available positions is to visit the NCA&T campus to interview prospective co-ops. Please contact the Scheduling Coordinator, Marketta King at 336-337-7755 or email@example.com to determine an agreeable date for on-campus interviews and receive an On-Campus Recruiting Packet.
Once the employer has emailed the position description to the Assistant Director for Experiential Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org, the position will be posted on the website for at least 30 days. Interested students will usually apply appropriately.
Some employers may not be able to visit the campus for interviews. In this case, Office will email your position to students in our database who meet stated qualifications and collect resumes from students who express interest. The Office will then email the resumes to the employer.