- Provides an excellent pool of well-prepared employees.
- Improves the personnel selection process by using actual on-the-job performance as a basis for permanent hiring decisions.
- Increases cost-effectiveness of recruitment and training.
- Increases retention rates among permanent employees recruited and hired through a co-op program.
- Both students and employers have the time to try out the position and ensure that the fit is the most productive and effective for both.
- Strengthens employer relations with the University.