Thank you for your decision to include North Carolina A&T State University as a resource for your hiring needs. The Office of Career Services (OCS) centralizes the functions of full-time employment, summer internships, cooperative education, post graduation employment, as well as part-time employment. There is no charge for on-campus recruiting.
The mission of the Office of Career Services (OCS) is to provide centralized, comprehensive and progressive programs, services and resources to prepare A&T students for career and professional development. Other clients include: graduates, employers, faculty, administrators and staff.Vision Statement: To be recognized as a premier career services office
The Office utilizes AggieLink for its online recruiting and interview sign-up process. Once you have contacted the OCS and confirmed a visit date, please follow the instructions in the On-Campus Recruiting Packet.
- To schedule an on-campus visit for full-time, summer or co-op interviews, contact Marketta King, Scheduling Coordinator, at 336-334-7755 or email@example.com.
- For internship or co-op information, contact Pamela Basheer at 336-334-7755 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is a great way to create a pool of potential full-time hires.)
- For job postings or resume referral assistance, contact Cynthia Downing at 336-334-7755 or email@example.com.
Centralized Recruiting Policy
The North Carolina A&T State University Office of Career Services has centralized recruiting activities – meaning that all recruiting activities are initiated through the OCS.
Recruiting activities shall be understood to mean any formal or informal inquiry, request, or visit by an agency, business, institution, organization, or any others whose primary purpose is to interest students/graduates in employment, or educational opportunity. Recruiting activities include, but are not limited to: interviews, resume/student referrals, career fairs, presentations, employer/graduate school marketing (i.e., information sessions, networking events, displays, etc.), and opportunities advertised on university bulletin boards/monitors.
Employer Recruiting Qualifications
Employer – an agency, business, institution, organization, or any others whose primary purpose is to interest students/graduates in direct employment or educational opportunity.
Employers must meet the following qualifications in order to engage in recruiting activities:
- Adhere to federal and North Carolina state Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines.
- Adhere to Office of Career Services Guidelines and National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) NACE Principles for Employment Professionals.
Third-Party Recruiters – The university does not service third-party recruiters (i.e., employment agencies and search firms).