Welcome Week 2016
What is Welcome Week?
Welcome Week is the official kick-off to the academics year at North Carolina A&T State University, featuring events to get you ready for an amazing year. Welcome Week 2016's featured guests included Terrence Jenkins, Travis Greene, Briana "Bri" Babineax, Darren Brand, and more!
Welcome Week is designed to create a meaningful experience for you that will:
- Begin to build a sense of community by encouraging a first-year class identity, fostering institutional pride and respect, acknowledging your individual responsibility to the community, as well as ownership of and responsibility for your college experience.
- Assist you in your adjustment to the campus environment and campus life through academic and student development programs that enhance your capacity to lead and work among students from diverse cultural, ethnic, national, socio-economic and religious backgrounds and of different sexual orientations and physical abilities.
- Provide you an opportunity to have and maintain meaningful relationships with students, faculty, staff and surrounding community that will encourage academic and personal success during your first year and throughout your college experience.
- Allow you to navigate the campus while discovering and accessing the multitude of resources and opportunities available at the University that meet the ever-changing and diverse needs of students so you may be intentional in creating a successful college experience.
What do I Gain from my Participation?
The outcomes of welcome week are:
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Independence & Interdependence
- Goal Orientation
- Self Awareness
- Resilience and Appreciation of Differences
We have adopted these outcomes to serve as a standard set of skills and abilities that you should master by graduation. They are uniform for all students, regardless of your college enrollment. Welcome Week will begin your journey of mastering these skills and characteristics.