SISTERS (Students Inspiring Success Through Education Reform and Service) is a retention focused female mentoring program within the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) designed to promote overall academic and social development in female students at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. This program will foster intellectual, personal, and professional growth through the development of positive relationships within the local and campus communities. SISTERS will create a deeper appreciation for excellence in education, service, and finer womanhood.
- Provide awareness and promote utilization of campus educational (i.e. tutorial, supplemental instruction, faculty interaction, etc.)
- Establish positive relationships with peers and faculty through effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication.
- Identify strengths and areas of improvement in personal growth, leadership, and development through self-assessment and mentoring.
- Development of responsibility through systematic decision-making in social, emotional and academic related issues.
- Enhance critical thinking skills and promote a desire for life-long personal development through community service.
- Mentor at local middle school promoting academic success and higher education.
- Attend meetings/workshops to enhance personal growth and development and career exploration.
- Reside in Living Learning Community (LLC) that fosters community living and experiences beyond the classroom.
- Enrollment in FRST-100 University Experience college transition course.
- Participate in various campus and community events to enrich the college experience and promote civic engagement.
- Assignment of an Honors Coach through partnership with AMP (Aggie Mentoring Program).
Freshmen female students entering the university in an undeclared status. Primarily North Carolina residents.
Residence Hall Location: Haley Hall
Campus Contacts: Bonnie Candia-Bailey email: email@example.com phone;336-285-4326
Center for Academic Excellence and Retention: Latoya Harris email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (336) 334-7855