The 2014 Innovation Competition was sponsored by GE. To read about GE's opportunities for college students, click below.
Pictured above: Some of the 2014 finalists, along with various officials of sponsor GE and the Division of Research and Economic Development.
Do you have an idea about creating something new and different?
A product, a device, a new way of doing something?
The Innovation Challenge is an annual, team-based competition in creativity and ingenuity for all students at N.C. A&T.
Describe your innovation ... explain it ... tell us how it would work ...
... and how it would make a difference.
Entries are judged on how innovative they are, the quality of presentation, and the practicality and benefits of the solution.
The 2015 competition will begin in fall semester 2014. Details on entering will be posted soon after the semester begins.
The 2014 prizes were:
- 1st Place – iPad Minis
- 2nd Place - Pocket Projectors
- 3rd Place – $75 Visa Gift Card
- Poster Competition - 1st Place only - $50 Visa Gift Card
A few basic rules
- The Innovation Challenge is open to undergraduates enrolled at N.C. A&T for Fall 2013 (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors).
- Each team member must be currently enrolled as a student. Each team can include one to three members. Students can be a member of only one team.
- Each team’s submission must be the original work of its members and no one else.
- Teams selected as finalists must participate in the final round of the competition.
Complete rules and application form
The 2014 rules and application form (subject to change for 2015):