The 2013 Innovation Competition was sponsored by GE. To read about GE's opportunities for college students, click below.
Innovation Challenge 2014
Pictured above: Chancellor Martin speaks with two of the winners of the 2012 Innovation Challenge at the Research Excellence Awards luncheon.
Do you have an idea about creating something new and different?
A product, a device, a new way of doing something?
The Innovation Challenge is an annual, team-based competition in creativity and ingenuity for all students at N.C. A&T.
Describe your innovation ... explain it ... tell us how it would work ...
... and how it would make a difference.
Entries will be judged on how innovative they are, the quality of presentation, and the practicality and benefits of the solution.
Entries are due via email only Friday, February 21, 6 p.m. Finalists will present their innovations to a panel of judges on Thursday March 20 to determine this year's winner.
- 1st Place – iPad Minis!
- 2nd Place - Pocket Projectors!
- 3rd Place – $75 Visa Gift Card!
- Poster Competition - 1st Place only - $50 Visa Gift Card!
A few basic rules
- The Innovation Challenge is open to undergraduates enrolled at N.C. A&T for Fall 2013 (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors).
- Each team member must be currently enrolled as a student. Each team can include one to three members. Students can be a member of only one team.
- Each team’s submission must be the original work of its members and no one else.
- Teams selected as finalists must participate in the final round of the competition.