The latest news about research at N.C. A&T appears first in the Aggie Research blog. Click below to go to the blog.
Current research news
Click on the headlines below to see the news releases.
For more news about research at N.C. A&T, see the Aggie Research blog.
2014 Research Excellence Awards go to clean-energy developer Adewuyi, 4 other faculty and Bioenergy Center
- April 2, 2014: A nationally recognized pioneer in clean-energy development has been named Senior Researcher of the Year at N.C. A&T, one of five individual researchers and one research team selected this year for A&T’s highest research honor, the Research Excellence Awards.
- March 26, 2014: The third annual Innovation Challenge produced ideas from 20 teams and individual undergraduates.
- March 24, 2014: For help with analyzing the data for the report, the U.N. agency consulted with Dr. Maura Busch Nsonwu of N.C. A&T, whose research focus is refugees and human trafficking.
- March 12, 2014: Fourteen top faculty members have been named researchers of the year by their colleges and schools at N.C. A&T.
- February 21, 2014: An advocate for young black men and an advocate for entrepreneurs are two young professionals at N.C. A&T who have been recognized among the 2014 “40 Leaders Under 40” in the Piedmont Triad by The Business Journal.
- February 20, 2014: N.C. A&T is one of 15 schools selected for the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Innovation and Entrepreneurship Collaborative.
- November 19, 2013: One of the Piedmont Triad’s key industries will receive two more years of education, research and workforce development from N.C. A&T.
- October 29, 2013: For any student who has struggled with getting the math to come out right in economics courses, help is on the way from N.C. A&T.
InCube Labs Enters into an Agreement with the Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Metallic Biomaterials
- October 23, 2013: InCube Labs, a life sciences research lab focused on developing and commercializing medical breakthroughs, has entered into an agreement with the Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Metallic Biomaterials. (News release courtesy of InCube Labs.)
- October 22, 2013: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has been awarded a new five-year $54.6 million Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) from the National Institutes of Health. With the new award, UNC will partner with two institutions—RTI International and North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University—to accelerate the pace at which clinical and translational research directly benefits patients and communities in North Carolina. (News release courtesy of UNC-Chapel Hill.)
- October 14, 2013: Despite sequestration, federal budget cuts and other challenges, sponsored funding for research and other purposes increased 10.73 percent at N.C. A&T during fiscal 2013.
- September 10, 2013: Engineering students are organizing a statewide conference, “Sustainability in Transportation,” to be held at N.C. A&T.
- September 9, 2013: Louis Judge III, an accomplished innovator and leader in the Greensboro business community, has been named Outstanding MBA of the Year by the National Black MBA Association.
- July 23, 2013: The team’s specific goal is to develop a low-cost solar concentrator that will make the production of electricity from sunlight economically viable and widespread.
- April 15, 2013: Interdisciplinary collaborations focused on global trade and on local health care are among the highlights of the 2013 Research Excellence Awards at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.