- Advanced Materials & Nanotechnology
- Biotechnology & Biosciences
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Energy & Environment
- Logistics & Transportation Systems
- Public Health
An Ultrahigh-Sensitivity Oxygen Enriched Elastomeric Silicone Polymer Membrane Incorporating Nanofillers
- Nanofilled silicone polymers are useful in selectively purifying oxygen from a gaseous mixture, such as air. Filters employing such membranes can be used in personal care devices as well as industrial gaseous purification.
- Carbon-carbon composites are lightweight; demonstrate high mechanical strength and high thermal conductivity; and have a low coefficient of thermal expansion. Such high quality materials are prepared using a new apparatus and method that substantially reduce production time and cost. These composites are suitable for uses such as space vehicle heat shields, rocket nozzles, and aircraft brakes.
- A pressure sensor consisting of a pressure-sensitive film and a detector can measure pressure changes as low as 0.0001 psi without sensitivity to temperature. The sensor can be used to measure gas-phase chemical reactions or to detect minute gas leaks in materials such as tires, underwater craft, etc.
- The development of high-temperature membranes to recover hydrogen is of considerable scientific and commercial interest. Thin film palladium and palladium/silver composite membranes, useful in hydrogen separation, have been fabricated using an innovative electroless plating process.
- Recombinant Protein V (RPV) is a bacterial cell wall protein capable of binding with any antibody-binding protein. This protein can be used in protein purification, as a research tool, and in medical diagnostics.
- Researcher at NC A&T have developed prediction tools based on the structural and functional characteristics of the grid.
- Acoustic emissions sensors enable the detection and location of the growth of early-stage cracks within structures in use. Such monitoring is especially useful in determining the structural integrity of bridges, airplanes, buildings, etc.
- This innovative system is designed to remove sediment down to a depth 10 feet below water level. The system can be used to move sediment to a final resting place on land, at the shore, or elsewhere in the body of water.
- This patented technology addresses the need for a filtration system to maintain the effectiveness and permeate flux of a cross-flow membrane. The innovative system optimizes the membrane port through which the feed solution passes as well as the permeate outlet through which the effluent flows.
- This patent-pending biodegradable remediation system can be used to clean water and soil through the delivery of a chemical oxidant via a solid. The delivery agent can release the oxidizing agents over a period of one to three months to a contaminated area at a controlled, pre-defined release rate.
- This technology comprises an efficient and economical algorithm for scheduling multiple events while optimizing user-defined measurement of the schedule quality, including time or cost. This system can be useful in any field where logistics is critical.
- This patented technology is an innovative method to control the growth of food-borne pathogens in meat products and other foods, in particular the reduction of E. coli in ground beef.