N.C. A&T Research Excellence Awards
Pictured above: Chancellor Harold L. Martin Sr. speaks at the 2012 Research Excellence Awards luncheon.
Outstanding N.C. A&T researchers are honored each spring with the university's Research Excellence Awards.
2015 nomination period opens in Fall 2014
The nomination period for the 2015 awards will open during the Fall Semester.
- Click here for 2014 details on eligibility and judging guidelines (subject to modification for 2015).
- Click here for a printable copy of the details on eligibility and judging guidelines as well as the application forms for school/college level awards and the university-level awards (subject to modification for 2015).
Faculty members are honored in the categories of:
Senior Researcher of the Year
- Recognizes outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
Outstanding Junior Researcher
- Honors tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
Rookie of the Year
- Recognizes the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
Intellectual Property Award
- Recognizes researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
Interdisciplinary Team Award
- Recognizes research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.