N.C. A&T Research Excellence Awards
Pictured above: Chancellor Harold L. Martin Sr. speaks at the 2012 Research Excellence Awards luncheon.
Outstanding N.C. A&T researchers are honored each spring with the university's Research Excellence Awards. Faculty members are honored in the categories of:
Senior Researcher of the Year
- Recognizes outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
Outstanding Junior Researcher
- Honors tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
Rookie of the Year
- Recognizes the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
Intellectual Property Award
- Recognizes researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
Interdisciplinary Team Award
- Recognizes research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.