The Division of Research and Economic Development (DORED) is the administrative unit that manages N.C. A&T’s research enterprise. It is directed by Dr. Barry L. Burks, Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development.
Latest Research News and Announcements
- Congratulations to the 2016 research award winners.
- N.C. A&T hosts regional workshop highlighting funding opportunities for HBCUs.
- N.C. A&T professor selected for teaching excellence award.
- Voters approve Connect NC, N.C. A&T to get new engineering complex.
- N.C. A&T has been granted $2.4 million for Teacher Preparation Scholarship
- N.C. A&T and Duke University have been awarded a $3 million National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Traineeship grant
To get research news as it happens, follow us online on the blog, Twitter, and Facebook:
Research at N.C. A&T
Faculty and student researchers work within A&T's seven colleges and schools and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN), and in interdisciplinary research centers.
Our major projects include collaborations with other universities, such as the National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Biometallic Materials, and interdisciplinary projects within the university, such as the Center for Excellence in Post Harvest Technologies.
To see our Research Capabilities brochure, click here.
Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
The JSNN is a collaboration between N.C. A&T and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. N.C. A&T faculty members in the JSNN Department of Nanoengineering and affiliated faculty members from many departments across campus conduct research and work with graduate students in degree programs leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in nanoengineering.
DORED provides information to the public thorough a variety of media, including this website; the Aggie Research blog, Twitter account, and Facebook page; and through news releases. We invite you to contact us with any questions about our work and the work of researchers at N.C. A&T.