Research Poster Competition
We invite graduate students and undergraduates to participate in the poster competition at the conference. Awards will be given to graduate students and undergraduates for the best poster presentations in three areas: Energy, Water and Waste.
- Thursday, November 15, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- The Proximity Hotel, 1st Floor Lobby
- Graduate Students: 1st Place in each category, $700; 2nd, $500; 3rd, $300
- Undergraduate Students: 1st Place in each category, $500; 2nd, $300; 3rd, $100
- This competition is open to all undergraduate, master's and doctoral student researchers studying topics related to energy, water, and waste conservation.
- Contestants must be physically present at the Proximity Hotel from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 15th, 2012, to discuss your posters with judges and visitors (faculty, students, staff, guests).
Registration process and deadline
- Email your name, department, university, advisor’s name, poster title, and a 100-word abstract describing the work to Dr. Nabil Nassif (Dr. Nassif's email) before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2012.
Poster size limit
- No poster can be larger than 36 inches long by 48 inches wide.
- Overall scientific/technical merit (the technical quality of the work)
- Significance of the work (Does the work address a problem important to its technical field and/or society, and is this persuasively communicated by the poster?)
- Quality of the research strategy (the strength of the experimental and/or theoretical design)
- Clarity of poster to a non-expert (Is the poster easy to read and easy to follow, and does it effectively highlight the research?)
- Presentation of poster (How well did you verbally explain the work?)
For more information
- For questions regarding posters, contact Dr. Nabil Nassif (Dr. Nassif's email).