Tech Transfer, Outreach and Economic Development
The Office of Outreach and Economic Development identifies promising technologies that arise from research conducted at N.C. A&T. We connect industrial/commercial partners with N.C. A&T’s expertise, new technologies, and opportunities for continuing development while creating technology-driven businesses and economic benefits to the regional and state economies. The office manages the university’s intellectual property portfolio and works directly with faculty, staff and students to build a pipeline of novel products and concepts with commercial value.
Tech transfer guide for researchers
Invention disclosure form
What We Do
Technology transfer is accomplished at N.C. A&T through three processes for realizing public use of our research-derived technology.
- Where sufficient, we license our available technology to commercial partners.
- We provide technology assessment services to the N.C. A&T community.
- We facilitate the creation of new commercial entities based on N.C. A&T technology.
Why We Do It
Technology licensing and commercialization helps the university to:
- Deliver tangible benefits to North Carolina taxpayers for their support for fundamental research;
- Attract outstanding faculty and students;
- Generate corporate support for research;
- Generate revenue for reinvestment in the research enterprise; and
- Create new job opportunities for graduates.
Outreach and Economic Development Staff