Tech Transfer, Outreach and Economic Development
- At right, U.S. patent recipient Dr. Jianmei Yu holds her patent plaque after presentation by Dr. Laura Collins, left, and Dr. Barry Burks.
The Office of Outreach and Economic Development identifies promising technologies that arise from research conducted at N.C. A&T. We connect industrial/commercial partners with N.C. A&T’s expertise, new technologies, and opportunities for continuing development while creating technology-driven businesses and economic benefits to the regional and state economies. The office manages the university’s intellectual property portfolio and works directly with faculty, staff and students to build a pipeline of novel products and concepts with commercial value.
Tech transfer guide for researchers
Invention disclosure form
What We Do
Technology transfer is accomplished at N.C. A&T through three processes for realizing public use of our research-derived technology.
- Where sufficient, we license our available technology to commercial partners.
- We provide technology assessment services to the N.C. A&T community.
- We facilitate the creation of new commercial entities based on N.C. A&T technology.
Why We Do It
Technology licensing and commercialization helps the university to:
- Deliver tangible benefits to North Carolina taxpayers for their support for fundamental research;
- Attract outstanding faculty and students;
- Generate corporate support for research;
- Generate revenue for reinvestment in the research enterprise; and
- Create new job opportunities for graduates.
Outreach and Economic Development Staff