Office of Research Services and Project Management
The Office of Research Services and Project Management helps faculty researchers develop competitive proposals and resubmissions for external funding. Its services include management of limited submissions, advice on proposal development based on best practices, expert advice on budget preparation, location of needed resources, and help with project management.
- Assistance with executing and saving searches in COS Pivot that are based on your criteria and setting regular email updates for you.
- Targeted distribution of funding opportunities to departments or faculty members who have indicated an interest in a particular area of research.
- Assistance with interpreting requests for applications (RFAs) or proposals (RFPs) and locating collaborators
- Help, based on best practices, with developing and preparing proposals.
- Customized training on developing proposals and improving skills in technical writing for academic departments, colleges, and schools.
For more information, see our frequently asked questions.
In addition, this office also conducts internal competitive reviews to select proposals for submission when solicitations have restrictions on the number of submissions and on eligibility requirements. These solicitations are referred to as “limited submission” opportunities and may require internal coordination across schools, colleges and disciplines within the university. The limited submissions website has details on opportunities, procedures, and guidelines for these solicitations.
Policies and procedures
Click here to see our policies and procedures page.
Research Services and Project Management staff
- Saundra Y. Evans, M.B.A.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research Services & Project Management
Email, 336 285-3198, Fort IRC Room 305
Ms. Evans works in coordination with the Vice Chancellor for Research & Economic Development, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, and the Council of Associate Deans to manage limited submissions and other special research funding opportunities. She oversees the day-to-day operations of the Office of Research Services and Project Management.
- Cindia Hairston
Email, 336 285-3200, Fort IRC Room 310
Ms. Hairston helps researchers prepare the forms for creating a budget in Banner after they receive their awards. She also helps researchers prepare the forms for revising budgets during their projects.
- Tonjia May, M.A.
Email, 336 285-3201, Fort IRC Room 310
Ms. May works with faculty members to make sure budgets in research proposals meet the University’s guidelines on such points as indirect rates, cost sharing, and allowable costs, and to see that budgets conform to funding agencies’ policies, regulations and procedures as well.
- Meriel Parker, M.S.
Director of Life Sciences Research
Email, 336 285-3202, Fort IRC, Room 312