Research Excellence Awards
North Carolina A&T's most outstanding researchers are recognized each spring semester with the Research Excellence Awards. There are five categories:
- Senior Research of the Year: Recognizing outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
- Outstanding Junior Researcher of the Year: Honoring tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
- Rookie of the year: Recognizing the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
- Intellectual Property Award: Recognizing researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
- Interdisciplinary Team Award: Honoring research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.
2016 deadlines and key dates
- Departments must submit all nominees to colleges and schools by close of business Monday, February 29, 2016.
- Colleges and schools must submit all of their nominees to the Division of Research and Economic Development by close of business Monday, March 21, 2016.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 20, 2016.
- Winners will be honored at the research award dinner on Friday, May 6, 2016.