Research Excellence Awards
Celebration of Faculty excellence in research and Teaching
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University faculty and students engage in transformative interdisciplinary research and scholarship through collaborative partnerships among academic units, with other universities, and with corporate and government researchers. Aggie researchers are creating new knowledge, spurring economic activity, and improving the quality of life for our community and the world.
Each spring, N.C. A&T celebrates the outstanding accomplishments and efforts of these innovators, mentors and dynamic leaders with a dinner awards program, the Celebration of Faculty Excellence in Research and Teaching.
North Carolina A&T's most outstanding researchers are recognized each spring semester with the Research Excellence Awards. There are five categories:
- Senior Research of the Year: Recognizing outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
- Outstanding Junior Researcher of the Year: Honoring tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
- Rookie of the Year: Recognizing the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
- Intellectual Property Award: Recognizing researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
- Interdisciplinary Team Award: Honoring research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.
2017 deadlines and key dates
- Departments must submit all nominees to colleges and schools by close of business Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
- Colleges and schools must submit all of their nominees to the Division of Research and Economic Development by close of business Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, April 14, 2017.
- Winners will be honored at the research award dinner on Thursday, May 4, 2017.