Processing your award
The grant administrator will:
- Process administrative paperwork associated with setting up the award;
- Request the project account number from the Office of Contracts and Grants;
- Provide the PI with the ward start-up packet, which includes:
All data must be uploaded to RAMSeS.
The principal investigator/project director will:
- Forward all award-related correspondence to the Office of Sponsored Programs;
- Notify Sponsored Programs if you receive any award document;
- Determine acceptance of award: Read terms and conditions, prepare the budget create form in accordance with agency-approved budget, return the budget form to Sponsored Programs;
- Contact Sponsored Programs if budget assistance is required;
- Discuss any other award issues with your grant administrator;
- Discuss the financial management of your award with your assigned university accountant in the Office of Contracts and Grants. (Contracts and Grants is in the Division of Business and finance;it is not part of the Office of Sponsored Programs or the Division of Research and Economic Development.)
- Read the award guidelines/terms and conditions.
- Maintain consistent communication with your agency technical contact.
- Be familiar with university rules and processes.
- Know the key players and their roles in Contracts and Grants, Purchasing, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc.;
- Obtain any applicable approvals from the Office of Research Compliance and Ethics.
- Ensure that costs are beneficial to the project and reasonable (would a "prudent person" find the costs reasonable?).
- Charges may not exceed project award.