The National Conference on Advances in Environmental Science and Technology, September 12-13, on the N.C. A&T campus.
Resources for researchers
The Division of Research and Economic Development (DORED) provides services to faculty and student researchers, to current and potential research partners, funding agencies, and economic development agencies.
The tools and information most frequently used by researchers are listed on the left. For further information and resources, click here or see the websites of the various DORED offices listed below.
- The Office of Outreach and Economic Development, which manages the university’s technology transfer and commercialization programs, identifying promising technologies and connecting industrial and commercial partners with the university’s expertise and new products.
- The Office of Research Compliance and Ethics, which works with researchers and the university’s research oversight committees to ensure ethical conduct and compliance with regulations; it also handles export control, conflicts of interest and training in compliance and ethics.
- The Office of Research Services and Project Management, which assists researchers by identifying funding opportunities, helping with proposal writing and budget preparation, and by providing training for faculty and grant administrators.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs, which is the sole authorized entity at N.C. A&T for the submission of research proposals; it works with faculty to assure proposals’ compliance with RFP requirements and to facilitate the efficient administration of grant funding.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research, which promotes opportunities for undergraduates to conduct research and holds symposia and other events that give students experience in presenting their research.
In addition, the Dean of the Graduate School also serves as an Associate Vice Chancellor for Research.
DORED works with the academic units through the Council of Associate and Assistant Deans.
DORED contact list
Fort Interdisciplinary Research Center
The division's offices are in the Fort Interdisciplinary Research Center (IRC). For a campus map and directions, click here. A highlight of the building is the colorful four-part mural in the fourth floor lobby at the top of the atrium. The Faces of Science depicts 46 pioneering scientists and engineers, including N.C. A&T alumnus and astronaut Dr. Ron McNair.
Database of faculty researchers
Information on specific N.C. A&T researchers can be found in the REACH NC database, an easily searchable Web portal that enables users to find thousands of researchers in N.C. colleges, universities and research institutions (click here for more information ... or here to go directly to the website). The initial phase of the database includes researchers in the College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, and School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Other academic units will be added.