Sponsored funding rose 10% in a challenging year: The DORED annual report on research and economic development for Fiscal Year 2013.
Compliance: Human subjects, animal subjects, biosafety, radiation safety, and more
The Office of Research Compliance and Ethics serves as a liaison for researchers, study participants, federal agencies, and the research review committees to ensure the efficient and ethical conduct of research at N.C. A&T.
The office coordinates the administrative business of four research review committees:
- The Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- The Radiation Safety Committee (RSC)
Researchers can contact the Compliance Office for assistance in the application process, interpretation of committee guidelines, and locating information to assist with protocol development.
- The office also provides NSF- and NIH-required training in Responsible Conduct of Research and manages the university's financial conflict of interest policy for researchers.
- Information on the research policies, processes and procedures of N.C. A&T and the UNC system can be found here.
- Study participants may contact the Compliance Office regarding their rights while participating in research studies. Researchers themselves should be contacted for information regarding their particular research study.
- Reporting of adverse events, unanticipated problems, and research misconduct reporting may be facilitated through the Compliance Office and according to all applicable university policies.
Research clearance for graduating master's and doctoral candidates
The Graduate School requires that students applying for graduation be cleared through the Office of Research Compliance and Ethics to ensure the University’s compliance with applicable laws governing research.
Research Compliance and Ethics staff
Donna H. Eaton, M.S.N., M.H.A., R.N.
Director of Research Compliance & Ethics
Institutional Review Board, conflicts of interest, export controls, Responsible Conduct of Research
Email, 336 285-3183, Fort IRC Suite 416
Cat Collins, B.A.
Institutional Review Board
Email, 336 285-2961, Fort IRC Suite 416
Tonya R. Hargett, Ph.D., L.A.T.G.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Biosafety Committee, Radiation Safety Committee
Email, 336 285-3184, Fort IRC Suite 416