2010 award winners: Drs. Cathy Kea, Ipek Goktepe, Lauren Davis, and Zhichao Li
2011 award winners Drs. Ellie Fini, Zhichao Li, and Millie Worku
2012 winners Drs. Shyam Aravamudhan, Solomon Bililign, Ajit Kelkar, Ram Mohan, Ellie Fini and Dhananjay Kumar
Research Excellence Awards display, Fort IRC, 4th Floor lobby
Research Excellence Awards
North Carolina A&T's most outstanding researchers are recognized each April with the Research Excellence Awards. There are five categories:
- Senior Research of the Year: Recognizing outstanding research and/or creative activity by tenured faculty members who have been at the university at least three years.
- Outstanding Junior Researcher of the Year: Honoring tenure-track faculty members in at least their third year of service at A&T and who are currently involved in research and show promise of making a significant contribution to their field.
- Rookie of the year: Recognizing the work of a tenure-track faculty member in his or her second year of service at N.C. A&T.
- Intellectual Property Award: Recognizing researchers’ work to disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity.
- Interdisciplinary Team Award: Honoring research projects that break down the traditional boundaries of academic disciplines.
2014 deadlines and key dates
- Departments must submit all nominees to to colleges and schools by close of business: Date to come.
- Colleges and schools must submit all of their nominees to the Division of Research and Economic Development: Date to come.
- Winners will be announced in early April 2014.
- Winners will be recognized at a luncheon in April 2014.
Eligibility and guidelines
NADINE JANSEN FIRST A&T STUDENT GOLDWATER SCHOLARWhile girls her age cluttered high school hallways, 16-year-old Nadine Jansen was logged into her aggie access portal, reviewing her collegiate schedule for the first day of classes at North Carolina A&T State University.
LUSTER-TEASLEY RECEIVES UNC BOARD OF GOVERNORS EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING AWARDDr. Stephanie Luster-Teasley is the magic that happens when passion and purpose collide.
EMMANUEL JOHNSON FIRST STUDENT FULBRIGHT AWARDEEAt 22 years old, Emmanuel Johnson stands before us drenched in the makings of the “American Dream.”