Entering Midterm Grades and Attendance Information
Midterm grades are entered for each student during each academic semester. The following instructions are to establish a standardized procedure for faculty to enter their mid-term grades and last date of attendance using Self-Service Banner.
- From the top of the home page select the Faculty & Staff link.
- Click on the Aggie Access Online link.
- Click on the Enter Secure Area link.
- You are now at the user login page. Enter your User ID (950xxxxxx) and your six digit PIN. Click the Login button. If you are not sure of your PIN, click the Forgot PIN? box. The security question that you created will display, follow the directions.
- On the next screen, click on the Faculty Services tab.
- Click on the Midterm Grades link.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the Select a Term box. Select the term for which you are entering midterm grades and click on the Submit button.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the CRN (course reference number) box. Select the CRN of the course for which you are entering midterm grades and click on the Submit button.
- Click in the corresponding Grade box and click on the grade that you wish to assign to the student. Please note that students who have already withdrawn from your class do not require a midterm grade. Please check the Registration Status column to see if the student has withdrawn from your class. Students who have already withdrawn will have the following notation - "Withdrew Course (followed by the withdrawal date)".
- If the student has stopped attending class, please enter the student's last date of attendance, using the format MM/DD/YYY, in the Last Attend Date field. (See Hints on how to Determine Last Date Attended below.)
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 for all listed students.
- Click on the Submit button once you have entered all of the student grade and attendance information. Only 25 students are displayed at a time. Select the next range of students if there are additional students in the class.
- Repeat steps 11 thru 14 if you have additional students to enter.
- Click on the CRN Selection link at the bottom of the page if you have additional classes to enter.
- Click on Exit at the top right corner once you are done entering all grade and attendance information for all classes.
Hints on how to Determine Last Date Attended
- The date must fall within the term
- Last date an assignment was turned in,
- Last test student participated in,
- If you take attendance, last roster with student on it, or
- Last communication you had with the student by (a) email or (b) phone