Welcome to Legal Affairs
The mission of the Office of Legal Affairs is to address the legal needs of the University by providing in-house legal analysis and information on all matters affecting the University.
The Office of Legal Affairs endeavors to address lawsuits, administrative agency complaints, internal administrative grievances, appeals, tort claims, business transactions, employment matters, student affairs issues, regulatory and statutory compliance issues. The Attorney General for the State of North Carolina represents institutions in litigation and they depend on the Office of Legal Affairs to serve as liaison by assisting in the handling of the University's litigation matters.
- Coordinate policy and legal matters, as well as advise on legal implications of policy decisions.
- Research law, prepares opinions and provide advice for administrative offices and Academic units based on Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Handle matters with outside attorneys and reporters concerning matters such as North Carolina Public Records laws.
- Review all contracts, memorandums of understandings that implicate the University’s finances and liabilities, as well as assisting with patents, copyrights and trademarks.
- Serves as the University’s liaison for logo licensing and trademarks coordinator.
- Advises the Board of Trustees as well as other University boards.
The Office of Legal Affairs does not provide legal advice for individuals seeking to pursue personal legal matters.
North Carolina A&T State University alumnus and retired pharmaceutical executive Willie A. Deese is generously giving back to his alma mater, once again, in ways that will provide critical, immediate and ongoing support for research, student success and athletics.
The theatre department at North Carolina A&T State University will present Black Nativity by Langston Hughes, Dec. 1 – 4, 2016.
North Carolina A&T State University head coach Rod Broadway’s point that the Aggie football team had a good season despite coming short of winning their third straight Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) title will be furthered by the fact 14 of his players were named to one of the three MEAC’s all-conference teams on Nov. 28, 2016.