Welcome to Legal Affairs
The mission of the Office of Legal Affairs is to address the legal needs of the University by providing in-house legal analysis and information on all matters affecting the University.
The Office of Legal Affairs endeavors to address lawsuits, administrative agency complaints, internal administrative grievances, appeals, tort claims, business transactions, employment matters, student affairs issues, regulatory and statutory compliance issues. The Attorney General for the State of North Carolina represents institutions in litigation and they depend on the Office of Legal Affairs to serve as liaison by assisting in the handling of the University's litigation matters.
- Coordinate policy and legal matters, as well as advise on legal implications of policy decisions.
- Research law, prepares opinions and provide advice for administrative offices and Academic units based on Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Handle matters with outside attorneys and reporters concerning matters such as North Carolina Public Records laws.
- Review all contracts, memorandums of understandings that implicate the University’s finances and liabilities, as well as assisting with patents, copyrights and trademarks.
- Serves as the University’s liaison for logo licensing and trademarks coordinator.
- Advises the Board of Trustees as well as other University boards.
The Office of Legal Affairs does not provide legal advice for individuals seeking to pursue personal legal matters.
The School of Nursing at North Carolina A&T State University has once again proven it is producing highly-qualified nursing professionals. Twenty-four of the university’s 25 testing bachelor of science in nursing degree students recently posted a 95 percent pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. The remaining student is scheduled to take the exam on July 27.
North Carolina A&T State University is moving steadily toward reorganizing its academic structure as first announced in 2015.
North Carolina A&T State University chief administrator, Chancellor Harold L. Martin Sr. has been named among the inaugural class of the Triad’s Most Admired CEOs by the Triad Business Journal.