Welcome to Legal Affairs
The mission of the Office of Legal Affairs is to address the legal needs of the University by providing in-house legal analysis and information on all matters affecting the University.
The Office of Legal Affairs endeavors to address lawsuits, administrative agency complaints, internal administrative grievances, appeals, tort claims, business transactions, employment matters, student affairs issues, regulatory and statutory compliance issues. The Attorney General for the State of North Carolina represents institutions in litigation and they depend on the Office of Legal Affairs to serve as liaison by assisting in the handling of the University's litigation matters.
- Coordinate policy and legal matters, as well as advise on legal implications of policy decisions.
- Research law, prepares opinions and provide advice for administrative offices and Academic units based on Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Handle matters with outside attorneys and reporters concerning matters such as North Carolina Public Records laws.
- Review all contracts, memorandums of understandings that implicate the University’s finances and liabilities, as well as assisting with patents, copyrights and trademarks.
- Serves as the University’s liaison for logo licensing and trademarks coordinator.
- Advises the Board of Trustees as well as other University boards.
The Office of Legal Affairs does not provide legal advice for individuals seeking to pursue personal legal matters.
All students are encouraged to attend a campus safety forum set for Friday, 4 p.m., in Harrison Auditorium on the N.C. A&T campus.
As summer approaches, so does the need for activities for children during summer break. Registration for 2017 Aggie Enrichment Camps at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is now open.
Two legendary leaders of the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES) at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University – Dr. Arthur P. Bell and the late Dr. Howard F. Robinson – were inducted into the college’s Agriculture Hall of Fame Wednesday.