Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in the Division of Human Resources seeks to facilitate a welcoming and inclusive environment , which supports the right of every member of the University community to learn and work in an environment that promotes fairness, equity and access to its employment and educational programs free of discrimination.
The Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer provides leadership and guidance in support of the University’s commitment to equal opportunity, affirmative action and diversity; effectively partners with leaders and members of the university community to promote equity and fairness in employment, education and university life; and continually advocates for a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive environment at North Carolina A&T State University. This is accomplished through:
- Developing and implementing equal opportunity/affirmative action policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations;
- Advising and assisting the Chancellor, Senior Administrative Officer’s and the university community regarding equal opportunity matters;
- Providing access and accommodation assistance for employees and applicants with disabilities consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Receiving, investigating, and working collaboratively to resolve complaints of harassment and/or discrimination;
- Monitoring recruitment efforts and selection decisions and providing guidance in adhering to A&T’s non-discrimination and equal opportunity guidelines;
- Communicating the University's commitment through training and education programs on harassment and discrimination prevention, EEO laws and other topics related to equal employment opportunity.
For EEO contact information please go to the HR Directory.
Policies and Resources:
- ADA/Reasonable Accommodation
- EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
- Racial Harassment
- Sexual Misconduct/Discrimination/Harassment/Assault
- Title IX - Gender Equity
- Unlawful Workplace Harassment