Center for Leadership and Organizational Excellence
Whether helping an employee succeed in their current role or preparing them for a future career opportunity, the Center for Leadership & Organizational Excellence (CLOE) provides professional development opportunities for all permanent University employees. We coordinate, design and deliver training programs, as well as offer organizational development consultations for departments.
CLOE provides courses designed to develop and enhance essential workplace competencies and increase job effectiveness, which in turn improves employee performance throughout the University. Investing in the professional development of employees is essential to the evolving workforce requirements of the University. Training programs are free to all full-time SHRA and EHRA employees of the University. Spring 2016 CLOE courses have ended, Fall courses will be announced when they become available.
Supervisory Development Program
We are proud to offer a new development program called the Supervisory Development Program (SDP). It is a customized development track that will include in-class professional development courses as well as SkillPort online course offerings for employees who would like to develop themselves with skills that would align with a supervisory career path. Due to the time commitment required to complete SDP, supervisory approval is needed.
- Selection Criteria:
- Recommendation and full endorsement from current manager including the completion of SDP application.
- Full-time NCAT employee.
- Performance, as defined by the department, (“very good” or “good“) for the previous two years of continuous employment.
- Benefits for Participants:
- Development of supervisory / management competencies.
- Engage in giving and receiving behavioral feedback to strengthen the participant’s overall supervisory / management impact at NCAT.
- Use of best practices to identify, motivate, assess, develop, and retain talent.
- Enhancement of peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Direct access to key University leadership RE: University Strategic Priorities.
- Increased engagement and commitment to NCAT and its Strategic Priorities
Once this form is completed and approved, the supervisor needs to email a copy to the Center for Leadership and Organizational Excellence (CLOE) office. You will be contacted with further instructions on registering for courses after approval has been received."