Center for Leadership and Organizational Excellence
Whether helping an employee succeed in their current role or preparing them for a future career opportunity, the Center for Leadership & Organizational Excellence (CLOE) provides professional development opportunities for all permanent University employees. We coordinate, design and deliver training programs, as well as offer organizational development consultations for departments.
CLOE courses are designed to develop and enhance essential workplace competencies and increase job effectiveness, which in turn improves employee performance throughout the University. Investing in the professional development of employees is essential to the evolving workforce requirements of the University. Training programs are free to all full-time SPA and EPA employees of the University. For the listing of current course offerings see the Fall 2014 CLOE Professional Development Catalog, for dates and a brief description refer to the following calendar. To register for a CLOE training course, please visit the University's online Training Management System.
Supervisory Development Program
We are proud to offer a new development program called the Supervisory Development Program (SDP). It is a customized development track that will include in-class professional development courses as well as SkillPort online course offerings for employees who would like to develop themselves with skills that would align with a supervisory career path. Due to the time commitment required to complete SDP, supervisory approval is needed.
- Selection Criteria:
- Recommendation and full endorsement from current manager including the completion of SDP application.
- Full-time NCAT employee.
- Performance, as defined by the department, (“very good” or “good“) for the previous two years of continuous employment.
- Benefits for Participants:
- Development of supervisory / management competencies.
- Engage in giving and receiving behavioral feedback to strengthen the participant’s overall supervisory / management impact at NCAT.
- Use of best practices to identify, motivate, assess, develop, and retain talent.
- Enhancement of peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Direct access to key University leadership RE: University Strategic Priorities.
- Increased engagement and commitment to NCAT and its Strategic Priorities
Once this form is completed and approved, the supervisor needs to email a copy to the Center for Leadership and Organizational Excellence (CLOE) office. You will be contacted with further instructions on registering for courses after approval has been received."
Skillport - Learning Opportunities for Employees and Students
The Skillport online learning system offers access to web-based IT and business courses, books, and other online learning assets designed to enhance business and technical skills. All benefits-eligible University employees as well as students have free, 24 X 7 access to Skillport’s Desktop curriculum, which covers common desktop applications and skills. Learn more about Skillport or go to the login page to get started.