Wireless for Windows XP
Aggie Access ID
Please ensure your wireless card is ON.
Dell – Hold down the Fn and F2 keys together.
HP/Compaq/Toshiba – Turn the switch ON.
1. Right Click on the Wireless icon in the system tray.
2. Select Open Network Connections.
3. Right Click on your Wireless Network Card Adaptor and scroll down
4. Click on the Wireless Network Tab and in the Preferred networks section click on the Add button.
5. Your cursor will appear in the Network name (SSID) field. Enter the
network name ie. aggieemployee.
6. Click on the Authentication tab and in the EAP type field drop down
select Protected EAP (PEAP), place a check next to Authenticate
as guest when user or computer information is unavailable and
click on Properties.
7. Click on Properties and uncheck Validate Server Certificate and click Configure.
8. Remove the check mark from “Automatically use my Windows logon
name and password (and domain if any).
9. In the Enter Credentials box, enter your username and password and
All Network connectivity devices, whether software or hardware, must be approved by DoIT before they are connected to the University network. These devices include devices such as hubs, routers, switches, bridges, and modems.