XpressConnect is an application to assist University Faculty/Staff and Students to configure their wireless device for usage on the campus wireless network. When a University user connects to the network for the first time they will need to follow the procedure below:
Before running the XpressConnect wizard, ensure that the computer does not have a profile for the secure SSID, aggieemployee or aggiestudent. If one exists the computer should already be configured for the wireless network. Please make sure that you know your email username and password.
1. Go to your wireless connections menu. Connect to “Aggie_Wireless_Setup” SSID
2. Open a browser. You will go to the following webpage.
3. Follow the directions to configure your wireless device. **
** The XpressConnect wizard will download a small application. Please make sure that the application has finished downloading and installing before continuing with the configuration procedure. On some Android devices you will need to manually install the wizard after it downloads. You can then run “Setup Wi-Fi”. Some machines may take longer to download the application. If the automatic download fails or you get an error message, you should see a link for “manual download”, click on that link and follow the instructions. If still unable to connect, refer to the Campus Wireless Network webpage specific to your device for manual instructions.
The device is now configured to securely access the campus wireless network. This procedure only needs to be completed once. After running the procedures please make sure that the device is connected to the appropriate wireless SSID: aggieemployee – for A&T Faculty and Staff or aggiestudent for A&T Students.
The XpressConnect Wizard supports the following operating systems for automated configuration:
• Windows XP SP2+ (Home, Professional, and Tablet), Vista (All Versions, x86 & x64), 7 (All Versions, x86 & x64), 8 (All Versions except Windows Surface RT, x86 & x64)
• Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
• Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope), 9.10 (Karmic Koala), 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), 11.04 (Natty Narwhal), 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot), 12.04 (Precise Pangolin), 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
• iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) 2, 3, 4, 5
• Android 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.0 (Honeycomb), 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1.x (Jelly Bean), 4.2
The XpressConnect Wizard supports the following operating systems for manual configuration:
• Windows Surface RT
• Windows Phone (7 and 8)
If the XpressConnect Wizard fails to automatically configure or assist you with a manual configuration, please refer to the self-setup instructions on the university website: http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/doit/students/index.html#cwn.
Guest Access remains the same at this time. Connect to the Aggieguest SSID, open a browser, and enter the guest password.
If you encounter any problems, please call Aggie Tech Support at 336-334-7195.