Message from the CIO
Welcome to the Division of Information Technology (DoIT). We are fulfilling our mission to strengthen and support the University's teaching, learning, research and engagement activities by delivering and integrating innovative technology solutions and processes. Our team provides campus wide infrastructure services, including systems and operations, networking, telecommunications and applications development. In addition, we provide instructional technology support and client support for our students, faculty and administrators.
We have played a significant role in the university strategic planning process, "Preeminence 2020", to develop our plans to facilitate achievement of the university strategic goals and objectives.
A few highlights of our accomplishments include:
- Established an IT Governance Structure Committee.
- Enabling wireless capability in all residential facilities.
- Upgrading the Blackboard Learning Management System and implementing 24/7 helpdesk support.
- Successfully deploying VoIP telecom system for all campus administrative buildings.
- Deployed Session Internet Protocol (SIP) service, providing better integration of new technologies such as multi-media applications, high definition video communications, and digital signage.
- Piloted Staff Administrative Technology (STAT) Training, providing certificates to employees who completed the program.
- In collaboration with University Relations, launched a university web site redesign project for delivery in early 2012.
- Performed a number of upgrades to BANNER, our campus enterprise resources planning system (ERP).
- Enhanced our enrollment management processes, implementing CAPP (on-line degree audit application), on-line transcript, and enhanced reporting through WebFocus.
- Deployed the Medicat medical system for the Student Health Center.
- Began the process of upgrading the campus email platform to IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.x, to be completed early 2012.
- And finally, we are enhancing our infrastructure to provide better reliability and availability in a secure environment.