The police employment procedure is a multi-step process, where each applicant must pass one step before progressing to the next. An applicant can be disqualified from further consideration for unsatisfactory performance at any time during this procedure. To see a list of positions currently available, visit the NC A&T SU Human Resources Staff Vacancies website.
The employment steps are as follows:
1. Applicant should complete an online application packet provided by the Division of Human Resources website and will submit it electronically.
2. Human Resources will screen each application to ensure its completion, and then submits approved applications to the police department.
3. Candidates are considered for interviews and notified via telephone and in writing when a time and date is scheduled.
4. The initial interview is conducted by members of the department patrol division, command staff and the hiring coordinator.
5. Candidates that have been selected for a conditional offer of employment will then begin a final testing phase consisting of:
- Preliminary Investigation Check
- Scheduling of medical and psychological exams
- Scheduling of firearms qualification
- Scheduling of final interview with Chief of Police
6. Those candidates that successfully complete all conditions will be given a final offer of employment and begin the Field Training Process.