About Energy Services and Sustainability
The Energy Services and Sustainability (ESS) Office was created by the Facilities department in an effort to meet the UNC-GA energy reduction goals of 30% by 2015. The ESS is also focused on helping to develop a systematic and integrated approach to the implementation of energy conservation measures campus wide and ensure that the university's continuous energy reduction goals are met.
Sustainability at NC A&T implies that our critical activities are (at a minimum) ecologically sound, socially just, and economically viable, and that they will continue to be so for future generations. We will ensure this by emphasizing these concepts in our curriculum and research, preparing students to contribute as working citizens to an environmentally sound and socially just society. NC A&T will function as a sustainable community, embodying responsible consumption of food and energy, treating its diverse members with respect and supporting these values in our surrounding community.
- Strategic Energy Plan 2013-2014
- Energy Services and Sustainability Program Plan 2011-2015
- Carbon Footprint Management
- NC A&T Waste Management
- Sustainable Local Food
- Discover The Future of Energy - SWITCH
- The Interdisciplinary Waste Management Institute (WMI)
- Center for Energy and Training (CERT)
- Energy and Environmental Systems (EES)
- University Farm