The Interdisciplinary Waste Management Institute
The Waste Management Institute (WMI) of North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University is an interdisciplinary academic support unit with research and public service functions. The Institute has the following additional responsibilities:
Coordination of environmental and waste management instruction, research, outreach, internship, faculty development, and student development which exist in individual departments.
Implementation of a certificate program in Waste Management.
Advisement of students who are interested in environmental and waste management careers.
Clearing house for the University's environmental and waste management activities.
Global, national, and local concerns for environmental problems and waste management present an opportunity and challenge for North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University to mobilize academic resources and capabilities for developing solutions.
- Application for Certificates
- Capstone Seminars
- Environmental Ethics
- Environmental Justice
- Exercises in Earth and Environmental Science Workbook
- Foundation Websites
- Greening Sustainability Brochure
- Hazmat Training
- Policies and Procedures
- Policies and Procedures (Application for Certificate)
National Conference on Advances in Environmental Science and Technology and Program
(click below for details)
Conference Highlights (video):
- Greg Green (United States Environmental Protection Agency)
- Barry B. Edwards,PE (Catawba County Government)
- Mike Maloy,CPG (Sullivan International Group, Inc.)