Interested in Joining Detachment 605?
Traditional freshman please follow the registration procedures below to register to become a cadet.
Students in sophomore academic standing may still register for courses but will need to take both AS100 and AS200 level courses during their first year. Please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
All students must have a minimum of 3 years and starting in the fall semester, in order to complete our program.
Fall 2014 Registration Procedures and Required Items
NC A&T Students:
Register for appropriate Aerospace Studies (AERO) level classes through the A&T Banner website. Refer to class schedule for the semester course listing.
1) (All New Students) Register for one of the Thursday (R) sections of Foundations of the USAF I course (AERO 121.001 or AERO 121.002) AND Thursday General Military Course Leadership Laboratory I (AERO 131.001).
2) (Returning Students- 1+ year in program) Register for the Wednesday section of Airpower History I course (AERO 221.001) AND Thursday General Military Course Leadership Laboratory III (AERO 231.001).
3) Students with 3 years remaining until graduation (fall and spring semesters), please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
1) Obtain a consortium form from your Registrar’s office. Complete the form using the Aerospace Studies class schedule and gather signatures from your home school's Registrar office. Students with 3 years remaining until graduation (fall and spring semesters), please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
2) Bring your completed form to NCA&T Registrar’s office between August 19, 2014 and August 26, 2014 (8:00am-5:00pm). See Ms. Deborah Mayhand to register for the semester. Ms. Mayhand will add you to our system and sign your consortium form. NCA&T's Registrar's Office is located on the first floor of the Dowdy Building. The Dowdy Building is building 19 and Campbell Hall AFROTC is building 9 on our campus map.
3) Return the completed consortium form to your Registrar’s office to receive credit for cross-town classes.
4) Reminder: Cross-town registration is only available August 19-August 26, 2014.
BOTH NCA&T and Cross-Town Students:
1) All NEW students, regardless of academic year (Freshman or Sophomores), will register under the Freshman AS100 level courses.
2) Freshman with zero credit hours must register for class at 1300 or 1400 AND the lab at 1500 on Thursdays.
3) Students with three years remaining until graduation must register for AERO 121, AERO 221 and AERO 231 during their first fall semester.
4) The program is not designed for students who are academic Juniors or Seniors. You may register but you will have to extend your graduation date.
5) YOU MUST REGISTER FOR CLASS AND LAB TO BE CONSIDERED AN ACTIVE CADET.
6) Your lab grade includes participation in morning PT at 0600 on Tuesday and Thursday of every week.
7) No commitments to the Air Force are required simply for taking AFROTC class and lab.
Required items must be turned in on Saturday, September 6, 2014 during the Mandatory Freshman Orientation. Without these items, you will not be able to participate in the program:
2) ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
3) ORIGINAL Social Security Card
4) SAT/ACT Score Printout
5) College Transcripts (if applicable)
6) JROTC/CAP certificate (if applicable)
7) Private Pilot’s License (if applicable)
8) Copy of Selective Service Number for males 18 and over
Original copies are returned to the cadet once a copy is made by our Cadre. Copies submitted by cadets will not be accepted.