Interested in Joining Detachment 605?
Traditional freshman please follow the registration procedures below to register to become a cadet.
Students in sophomore academic standing may still register for courses but will need to take both AS100 and AS200 level courses during their first year. Please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
All students must have a minimum of 3 full academic years remaining in order to complete our program.
Spring 2016 Registration Procedures and Required Items
NC A&T Students:
Register for appropriate Aerospace Studies (AERO) level classes through the NC A&T Banner website. Refer to class schedule for the semester course listing.
1) (New College Freshman) Register for one of the sections of Foundations of the USAF II course (AERO 122.001, AERO 122.002, or AERO 122.003) AND Thursday General Military Course Leadership Laboratory II (AERO 132.001).
2) Students with 3 years remaining until graduation (fall and spring semesters), will register for AERO 122, AERO 222 and AERO 232. Please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
1) Class & Lab Registration- Obtain a consortium form from your Registrar’s office. Complete the form using the Aerospace Studies class schedule and gather signatures from your home school's Registrar office.
2) Bring your completed form to NC A&T Registrar’s office between January 10, 2016 and January 15, 2016 (8:00 am-5:00 pm). See Ms. Deborah Mayhand to register for the semester. Ms. Mayhand will add you to our system and sign your consortium form. NC A&T's Registrar's Office is located on the first floor of the Dowdy Building. The Dowdy Building is building #19 and Campbell Hall AFROTC is building #9 on our campus map. You can reach the Registrar's office at 336-334-7595.
3) Return the completed consortium form to your Registrar’s office to receive credit for cross-town classes (if required).
4) Parking Passes- Obtain a copy of your consortium agreement to present to your home school's Parking Services. They will then present you with a consortium parking pass. Please see the Air Force Administrative Assistant for parking pass information if you attend FTCC, RCC, Salem College, Wake Forest or WSSU.
* Reminder: Cross-town registration is only available January 10, 2016 and January 15, 2016 (8:00 am-5:00 pm). You will not be permitted to register outside of these dates.
BOTH NC A&T and Cross-Town Students:
1) The program is not designed for students who are academic Juniors or Seniors.
2) YOU MUST REGISTER FOR CLASS AND LAB TO BE CONSIDERED AN ACTIVE CADET.
3) Your lab grade includes participation in morning Physical Training (PT) at 0600 on Tuesday and Thursday of every week.
4) No commitments to the Air Force are required simply for taking AFROTC class and lab.
Required items must be turned in on Saturday, January 23, 2016 during the Mandatory Freshman Orientation. Without these items, you will not be able to participate in the program:
2) ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
3) ORIGINAL Social Security Card
4) SAT/ACT Score Printout
5) College Transcripts (if applicable)
6) JROTC/CAP certificate (if applicable)
7) Private Pilot’s License (if applicable)
8) Copy of Selective Service Number for males 18 and over
Original copies are returned to the cadet once a copy is made by our Cadre. Copies submitted by cadets will not be accepted.