Counseling Services offers a variety of services to help all currently enrolled North Carolina A&T State University students address challenges and difficulties they may face. Our services are designed to help students understand themselves better, create and maintain healthy relationships, improve their academic performance and make satisfying career and life choices.
We are dedicated to helping our students by providing brief counseling from a wide spectrum of services. Those include individual and group counseling, outreach and consultation, training and supervision, teaching, psychological testing, and research. If more intensive or specialized care is needed, we will assist with making referrals to healthcare providers in the community. All counseling is voluntary, free of charge, private, and confidential.
The following services are available through the Counseling Services:
- Personal counseling in individual and group sessions
- Academic and career/vocational counseling and assessments
- Outreach counseling programs and activities, Life Skills and Personal Growth Programs
- Graduate student internship training laboratory for psychology, social work, and counseling
- Individual test administration and interpretation covering the areas of intelligence, aptitude, personality, interest, and achievement, as well as other areas required by special needs
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) for course credit by examination, National League of Nursing (NLN), Psychological Assessments for Learning Disabilities (LD) and Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and Department Screening Assessments
- Information is provided for: Praxis Teachers’ Examination, Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), Law School Admission Council (LSAC), Graduate Record Exam (GRE), and Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Exit interviews for students withdrawing from the University for psychological or medical reasons
- Official University Excuses
- Referrals (University and Community Resources)